Sunday 18 May 2014

We All Need Prayer

Some time ago now, I heard Bobbi Junior stand up in her church,
and proclaim - "I want to start a movement."  A chill went up my
spine as she spoke with the authority of echoes of greats from
the past who made proclaimations such as this.

Since that time I have seen a wave of prayer start for the writers
of our nation. It wasn't surprising to me that she spoke of how
we pray for our missionaries, our pastors and many other important
workers in the kingdom, but have neglected our writers.

I believe our writers, poets, songwriter's and artists are
the prophets of this age and the need to pray for them and
their work is at a highpoint in history.

What do you need prayer for? either comment on this blog
or email me privately at prayerforwriters@gmail.com

Blessings,

Sheila

3 comments:

  1. In Friday's Edm. Journal, I read a troubling letter from a woman named Kelly, who reiterates the stance that a woman's right to "bodily autonomy," including abortion, was taken care of by the Supreme Court in 1988. God has laid it on my heart to respond, lovingly but firmly, to this woman with a message about the sanctity of life. The response has be to brief, to the point, and in good faith. I would appreciate your prayers for me as I write this letter today and perhaps tomorrow. I believe I must "stand in the gap." Thank you, Sheila, and God bless you for taking on the role of Spiritual Advisor for InScribe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, good for you! I read and tweeted an article in the National Post on just this topic. You may want to refer to it for some additional thoughts. Here is the URL of my tweet with the article linked in it:

    https://twitter.com/vnesdoly/status/467698295184576513

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Sheila - for sure we need to be praying for our Sisters and Brothers who write. Love this.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete